05 March 2007

Juan P takes the shit to NASCAR

I hold JPM in fairly low esteem for abjectly wussing out of F1 to join NASCAR. But this makes me feel a little better.


Mar.5 (GMM) F1 emigrant Juan Pablo Montoya scored his first NASCAR victory on Sunday in typically controversial style.

In the second-tier Busch category in Mexico, the feisty Colombian took out his teammate Scott Pruett to lead after climbing up from nineteenth in the field.

"That was just low-down, nasty, dirty driving," Pruett - who recently shared a winning car with Montoya in the Daytona 24 hour race - told ESPN2 television.

Montoya's crew chief at the Chip Ganassi team, Brad Parrott, said: "I'm really glad we won but really upset that we took out a teammate. I'm upset we wrecked Scott."

Ganassi said of Montoya's nudge, which sent Pruett into a spin: "I don't know that he had to make a move like that so soon."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home